Updated 2014-02-01

Virtual Tour - South Chapel

The eastern bays of both side aisles were side chapels in medieval times. What was the north chapel now contains the organ. The 17th century communion table in the south chapel was the main altar in the church until it was replaced in 1886.

There was certainly an altar here in medieval times because in the south wall nearby is a piscina, beneath a 14th century arch. Into its drain was poured the the disposable water used at holy communion.

There is also a chest dated 1599 upon which stands the parish book of remembrance in which is recorded those who have died since 1995.

Continue Tour