Updated 2014-02-01

Virtual Tour - The Organ

What was the north chapel now contains the organ, installed by William Boggis of Diss in 1963, replacing the instrument given in 1833.The organ has in the region of 700 pipes, which are operated by 12 speaking stops.

In the 1,000 year history of this church, the organ is a relatively recent addition and for centuries was not part of the church's worship.

In recent years, more modern instruments complement the organ and, in some services, are used instead of it.

Continue Tour