St Mary's Church Combs
Welcome to St Mary's Combs, Suffolk, a place of Christian worship for nearly 800 years. Our magnificent 15th Century building is the focus of our church community which gathers week by week to engage with God’s Mission of love to the world. Will you join us on our journey?
We give shape to our work by following the 'Five Marks of Mission' adopted by the Anglican Church worldwide, and seek to show them both in our communal and individual lives. They are to:
- proclaim the good news of the Kingdom
- teach, baptize and nurture new believers
- respond to human need by loving service
- seek to transform unjust structures of society, challenging violence, injustice and oppression and working for peace and reconciliation
- strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustaining and renewing the life of the earth
We invite you to explore the pages on our church and our services, and promise to give you a warm welcome when you come to see us in person. Often Liz or I lead the worship, otherwise it will be another Minister from our team.
Our parish comprises a large part of Stowmarket and Combs Village with associated hamlets. We are linked with the churches at Great and Little Finborough, Buxhall, Onehouse, Harleston and Shelland who you will find have a similar focus for their work.
Rev'd Chris Childs
Rev'd Liz Law